Wednesday, November 28, 2007

ELEMENTS GONE WITH THE WIND



About six months ago my wife decided her Element was going to be a problem toting kids from place to place. So we traded my Element (the older one) in on a Sienna minivan. So, she got a minivan and I took over her Element. Now I thought one Honda Element is just like another, but I was wrong. Whereas my Element was quick and fun to drive, her Element was slow and boring. Whereas my Element got 27 miles to the gallon, her Element got 19 mpg. Whereas my Element was an ugly orange with black cladding, her Element was all blue and pretty. Within two months of the reassignment, I couldn't take it anymore. I looked at my wife and said I wanted to trade in the Element.

Now, my wife is a sensible person and I've traded a lot of cars over the past four or five years. She sighed and said, "this is getting embarrassing. Go get something that you'll keep."

My first vehicle was a pickup and other than two great vans, I have enjoyed our pickups the best. So, I looked around and bought a 4X4 Silverado. It will tow my trailer and gets better gas mileage than the Element. It might be stupid to by a V8 with $3 a gallon gas, but I never claimed to be a genuis.




No comments: